Tuesday, July 21, 2009

GOD BLESS AMERICA 2009!

The Johnson family arrived on the 3rd of July on their cross country trip. To celebrate I made fourth of July waffles for everyone. It was a great way to start out an awesome patriotic day....God bless America..... Eleanor and Lizzie immediately hit it off and were the best of friends. We did "rock star" hair to celebrate America's birthday. It's Eleanor's favorite hairdo!
Here they are! The rock star hair girls! Happy Fourth of July2009!
We decided to go downtown Washington DC for the celebration. Here are the cousins just before we left...
And the Patriotic Days.....
We went to listen to the Constitution of the United States of America read on the steps of the Archives and then watched the parade....
Katie is so fun and so beautiful!

Go Bless America, Land that I love...





After the parade we went to the Natural History Museum. Since the Johnson's were here such a short amount of time, they had to cram as much in as possible! We love the Natural History Museum so we tagged along!
Our family portrait with Henry, the elephant!

Watch out! There's a bear behind you!
One of my favorite fossils in the museum....
It was a long day for everyone.....
After the museum, we stopped for a popsicle treat, compliments of Uncle Ray!
We left the Johnsons to explore and went home. We had tired kids and a big day the next day. It was a great day and a really fun day to be able to spend it with my brother and his family on the Mall in DC!
HAPPY 4th OF JULY2009!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks like so much fun. Your nephew totally looks like your brother!
Very cute pictures of your family. You all look so happy and cute!

Serena said...

Your babies are delightful! I am hoping to get to DC next spring-would you let me come and see you?

Serena

Chuckleheads said...

I cannot believe how much fun you guys had without me. I'm pouting now... I would have loved to see the Washington DC fireworks display this year...

I'm so glad Ray & family were able to spend it with you!

The Hansen Family said...

Sooooo fun. And I want the rock star hair.

Cothran Family said...

How fun Jenna! We miss you guys. We have had cousins galore this summer but still haven't seen the "animal cousins" yet. I love all the adorable picts