Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Hill Cumorah

After spending a wonderful day in the Sacred Grove, we went and walked around the temple grounds. Jason and I had the opportunity two years earlier to do a session with all my aunts and uncles when my Uncle Bob and Aunt Sandy were on a full-time mission here. The grounds are beautiful and a great place for a family picture!

The hike up to the Angel Moroni was as grueling as I remember the last three times I've done it. It is worth it when you make it to the top, though! The view and the feeling are indescribable! To think that this is where the golden plates were and where Joseph came and we are actually in the spot. It is a testimony builder, for sure.
By coming here, I hope my sons and daughters gain a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ, that they learn to recognize the spirit and can withstand the temptations that will come to them because they have stood here and seen and heard....The pagaent is as awesome as ever! It is so amazing to see the Book of Mormon and history come alive! We had a great time together!
Katie looking glamorous, as usual!
I LOVE THIS GUY!
I love this guy too! Elder Ashton...a.k.a. Pagah!
Johnnie and Savannah - she really likes her cousin!
Aaawwwww! Soooo cute! Ray and Steph are some of my dearest friends - I just have the added bonus of being related to them! We love you guys!
Mommy and Savannah!

This is Xander trying to hold the Angel Moroni in his fingers! It didn't come out too well in the picture, but we tried! HEY! Let's do this again sometime!!!
Thanks to Brother and Sister Ashton, our missionaries for taking a p-day to show is around and spend the day with us. It was a day we will never forget!

4 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

Cute family pictures! You guys all look fabuloso and what a wonderful experience! I wish we could have shared it with you....
Family reunion, here we come!

Cothran Family said...

Jenna, how awesome! I have always wanted to do that. I LOVE the cousin pictures. And Savannah has grown so much since you were here. Wish we could have been there too. Love ya

Andrea said...

Such great pictures. Looks like a great time. Hopefully one day we'll take a trip that way.

Chuckleheads said...

What a fun trip you guys had...and I love the photos. How neat to visit mom and marlowe while they were at the pageant.