Friday, July 22, 2011

The Fourth of July

So, I have tried for about three weeks to upload these pictures and something kept happening with the computer or blogger or something. Anyway, it finally worked and so now you can catch up on the Days of your life!
Fourth of July, 6 a.m., Xander leaves for his first boy scout camp. He was so excited and I was so torn! He's growing up so fast right before my very eyes and I am soaking in every moment I can with him!
As you can tell, he was ready to leave and I needed "just one more picture" of him!
Ok, just one more as he leaves for the car!
He had a great time and earned several merit badges and has been pro-scouting ever since! He's working hard on getting as many merit badges as he can.
Garrett led the flag ceremony at the Fourth of July breakfast. He loves scouting also and I wish Grandpa Butler could be here to see them love scouting so much.
The Sunday School presidency was in charge of the breakfast. Sunday after church Jason says to me that the president wants some decorations.....I have less than 12 hours notice! Luckily, I can come up with something from nothing! Not my greatest work, but it was just fine for pancakes and syrup!
After breakfast they had a bike parade. Savannah rode her bike around the church about 6 times! I was really proud of her! She can pedal her bike by herself, so she is very independent!!!

Garrett led the pack in the bike rally! He must have gone around 75 times by the time it was over!
Eleanor and some of her friends from her primary class. It was so hot and muggy - typical east coast summer day!
That night we watched fireworks at the neighbors house on the pipestem. Savannah and Grace loved the sparklers!
I can't believe how grown up he looks!




Eleanor with her neighborhood chums.


We live in the best neighborhood. There are 13 children under the age of 12 on the pipestem. We play together almost every day and they are like brothers and sisters. Someday they will be all grown up and have children of their own, but I hope they remember the great times on the pipestem!

No comments: