Monday, January 9, 2012

My Beautiful, Sweet Eleanor.......

My little Eleanor is an amazing child. She can try my patience to its uttermost limits and make me so happy the next. She is an intense child. She is creative and dramatic, musical and a fashionista. In her new school, the first graders put on a holiday extravaganza. It is a big deal. At least it was for Eleanor. She wanted a new dress. We looked everywhere and finally I decided to make her one.....then we went to plan B and asked Grandpa Day to make the dress. (I got in a little over my head!) We went and got her a special headband and a necklace and a ring. Then we happened on some really cute shoes that were silver like her dress and "high heels" just like she wanted. She was in seventh heaven!!!! Here is my beautiful Eleanor......
The dress was a simple one, but we found this amazing snowflake material that we thought would be pretty as an overlay. It turned out amazing! Thank you, Grandpa Day, for making it!
Here she is after the concert with her cute friend, Penelope...


The concert was amazing! Each class dressed up like either a penguin, in winter hats and Eleanor's class was dressed up like reindeers.....so cute!



They sang several songs and then performed several grand finale songs.....it was really good!!!
The decorating was amazing also.....I wish I could take the credit, but I just helped my friend, Sara, create this amazing entrance and then the snowy backdrop....



We made it out of paper and glued the figures on top. Then I added detail to the stars and we added glitter to everything!!! There were snowflakes hanging from the ceiling and the children had decorated candy canes and gingerbread men that were also on the walls.

I was really proud of her! She loves to work the camera also, as you can tell!

I can't believe that my girls are growing up so much!
She is such a cutie pie too!!!


I love you beautiful Eleanor!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Love the backdrop and decorations! And the dress is amazing. Her grampa made it? Wow!! Very impressive.