Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I hate pictures of myself.....as you can see by this one, I don't like the way I look.
I avoid the camera.
These pictures were painful to see.
I was at a pont in my life that my weight was critical. I was having some health problems and wasn't happy with the way my clothes fit. Jason had signed up with a personal trainer last June and was working out every day. He lost 40 pounds and looks and feels great.
For so many years, I have struggled with my weight and my health. I have been overweight since I was twelve. That is a long time to be fat. I have tried every diet known to man, including some that were health risks. I have lost and gained weight so many times that even my scale doesn't know which way is up or down.
Whenever I was pregnant, for some reason, I would lose weight....a lot. Each pregnancy I averaged a forty pound weight loss. And still I would have ten pound babies. So I would lose even more right after their birth. But nursing killed me and I would gain it all back and then some. My health was a roller coaster after giving birth and I would be back up to my previous weight or even more heavy in less that six months. It was a nightmare!!!
So, in the fall, I decided no more. I joined the gym in January and have been working out almost every day. I have been very careful about how much I eat and what I eat. I have cut carbohydrates and sugar almost completely out of my diet. It has not been easy. My health has been acting up and my energy levels are up and down. It has not been fun, but I am determined to lose the weight this time forever.
Due to my past health problems, this is the only way I will ever become truly healthy again. I know what needs to be done now and I am determined to do it right this time!!
I made a commitment to work out no matter what. I used to have every excuse in the book as to why I didn't have time. Now I MAKE time to work out. I MAKE time for myself to cook healthier foods and walk past all the crap I used to buy. We are eating so much better!
All those things that you hear about eating small meals, exercise and watching your carbs, drinking lots of water and cutting out the sugar all work. I knew it all my life, but I am now living it. It is so simple, but it has taken me years to finally have the courage to love myself enough to do something about my weight.
Clothes that haven't fit me in years are loose on me now. I had saved an entire bin of outfits of clothes I love but could no longer fit into. Well, I am pleased to say, the bin is almost empty because I am WEARING the clothes now!
(Lucky for me, I am a classic dresser and so most of it doesn't go out of style!)
Anyway, I have a long way to go. Weight does not come off of me very easily due to my health issues, but I am motivated and I know I can do it!

So, here is the "new" me about 30 pounds lighter........

Tomorrow, March 1st starts a Fitness Challenge at the gym. Jason and I have signed up for it. The winner walks away with $5,000. I would have plenty of money for a new wardrobe if I won. So, I am up to the challenge! I may not win, but I will make progress and every little bit helps! So say tuned and see what the new me looks like in eight weeks!!!!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

That's awesome. Thanks for the motivation. I need it!
And how do you look so young still? And I'm jealous of your hair.

The Hannant Family said...

Jenna that's so great!! I understand the baby thing. I do the same thing. I lose weight in the beginning of my pregnancies. The way I eat changes. I tend to crave healthy things. Now all I crave is sugar. We are also working on getting healthy. I have a 10 year old son who is overweight. He's very active but doesn't seem to have an "I'm full button." Congrats to you for taking charge of your health. I'm sorry you've been having problems. That can be so scary! Good Luck on your journey!!

Laura Smith said...

Yeah for you!!!! I'm so proud of you!! You always look beautiful to me!!

Tisha said...

you look awesome! way to go! keep it up! can't wait to see you the end of the month! xoxo

Chuckleheads said...

Woohoo! You are such a stud!

martyrudd said...

Hey girl...I heard (from Anie) that you had posted pics of your short stay at Tisha's and that I needed to see how chubba/bubba Ezra was. I scanned your posts and didn't find anything, but came across this one about your weight loss. YOU GO GIRL!! You look amazing and will be happier the rest of your life as you choose better eating habits. I love you and yours. If you have pics of your visit with Calhouns,I'd love to see them. xoxoxoAunt Marty