Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Plan of Salvation

I had to talk to my children about death tonight.  Our dear friends, the Welters, dog passed away on Sunday.  She was very close to the children and the children loved her very much.  It was a good opportunity to talk to them about the plan of salvation.  We know where Foxie is and we know she is happy.  We are sad to see her leave this earth life and we will miss her, but she is in a great place and is with Heavenly Father, running and jumping with other dogs, just like a puppy.
All of the children cried.  I think that is the hardest part.  They loved that dog like their own.  Even Xander was having a really hard time.  It was a nice moment to put my arms around them and tell each of them how much I love them.  I don't do it enough.  I need to be better about it.  And even something like the passing of a beloved pet is a good reminder of how short this earth life is.
It just made me realize how blessed I really am and how amazing my little children are.  I am so incredible blessed to be their mother and be able to learn and grow from them as I am trying to teach them gospel principles.

No comments: