Sunday, December 21, 2008

Life after Hilton Head...



On the way home from Hilton Head, we stopped in North Carolina at cousins Curteis and LaTisha Calhoun. Aunt Marty and Uncle Brian, cousins Anie and Spencer Jenkins were there. So we spent the night and morning just hangin' out...getting plenty of love and hugs from Aunties...




Making sure there were plenty of children to entertain and be entertained...we added six extra people by just showing up!
Making sugar cookies with Aunt Marty was a definite highlight...

Do you think Eleanor had fun?


Life doesn't get any better than this! There is no way Garrett cannot be enjoying this cookie!




Thanks to the Calhoun family for hosting our little sleep-over (no birthday rollovers were reported) and for all the hugs and laughs and food and cookies. All the first cousins once removed - we just call them cousins for short - had a wonderful time playing and getting to know each other better. The house was decorated so festive for Christmas and seeing my cousins and Aunt and Uncle was so refreshing. I have wonderful Thanksgiving memories with all the cousins and aunts and uncles and grandmas and grandpas and missionaires and invited guests from all walks of life. I can honestly say that all my aunts and uncles are like second parents to me. I am blessed with a family and extended family that loves each other and I know they love me. They would do anything for me, so being able to see them every once in awhile is so much fun and gives me an emotional boost, not just from their hugs, but from the love I know they have for me.











4 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

That's it. We're moving out there. We miss family so much!!!
Lick kisses and sugar cookies

Chuckleheads said...

NO BIRTHDAY ROLLOVERS? What kind of vacation is THAT?

Andrea said...

hey- I got your letter with your blog address. yea!! So fun to read and see your cute kids!! I'm so excited you have a new addition.
Thanks for keeping in touch. Can't wait to read more about your fun life.

Cothran Family said...

How fun! Hanging with the Rudds is always a party. Put Johnsons and Rudds together, you have a really exciting party! I like sugar cookies.