Wednesday, September 2, 2009

So, today was the day for the Day kids to start school - they were all very excited! We got great teachers and spent all of yesterday setting up Xander's locker and meeting the teachers and spending time in the classroom. And last night, we made the signs.....
When I was growing up it was a sign that had first day of school and the year. Eventually, it was just the year. I am proud of my mom for even starting this awesome tradition. My kids love to color their own signs and, as you can tell, they decorate them too. Lucky for them they have a mom who can whip out three signs. Fifth grade at Flint Hill starts Middle School! It's hard to believe I have a son who is in middle school, but there he is, decked out in his PE gear and ready for a new adventure! It's funny, because out here, September 1st brings the fall - it was really chilly this morning, hence Garrett's look of suffering...he is off to third grade!
And then there is my little pre-kindergartener, Eleanor! She made me cry all morning. I missed her, but I was so excited for her and yet I couldn't believe she was that old! She walked into her class yesterday and her teachers had chosen to do the theme "Royal Junior Kindergarten" - they were inspired! Crowns with her name on it, castles to play in and she gets to be "Queen for a Day!" She is going to have a great year! She even came to grips with wearing blue and green bows for school, though she prefers pink still!!!

And then there is this little doll baby! She was so excited and was squealing and laughing at the kids....then they all left and she was sad~she kept calling to them and looking for them. It broke my heart! When they walked in the door, she went nuts! Jumping up and down, squealing and holding her hands out to them. They, of course, immediately came over and loved her and picked her up and played with her...she is turning one on Saturday, can it be?
I always thought the little Junior Kindergarteners were so adorable and now that I have one, I am extremely partial to their charm! Here's and example of cuteness.....
Waving good-bye to Mom and Savannah!
Going, going...gone! Have a great first day of school Flint Hill Huskies!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

great idea. I may have to copy it and have it for the 2nd day of school since I've missed the first.
Your kids are so grown up and so cute!

Cothran Family said...

OH so cute! I love first day of school picts! Good luck Xander, Garrett and Eleanor! You guys will do great! We love you!

Chuckleheads said...

I just want to cradle that xanderbug and hear him say, "Pooh."