Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009!

It was a rainy day...all day long! Maybe it was because Xander was a cumulonimbus cloud with lightning bolt legs that caused the extra precipitation. Despite the extra moisture, we had a great Halloween!
Garrett was a professional dog trainer. He was so charming and cute and I thought, quite creative, with his costume!
Eleanor was a ballerina...yes, I MADE that tutu! Here's Garrett at the school parade....
And then there is the mouse...squeeeeek! I made this costume for Xander 10 years ago and took him on his first trick or treating expedition. Several cousins wore it through the years and now Savannah got to wear it this year. It brought back so many memories. She won the hearts of many at the school parade and parties....
I hand stitched the ears and the mittens and had sooooo much time on my hands with only one child! I guess all the extra work paid off with her being able to wear it 10 years later and it still looking almost brand new!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!




2 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

Happy Halloween! We would have loved to hang out with you guys! Great job on the costumes. You have some seriously creative kids.
love them. Love you!

livelypen said...

Great costumes! And, the cumulonimbus cloud has always been my favorite!