Friday, March 19, 2010

WE HAVE THE BEST NEIGHBORS!!!

When we decided to move to this area four years ago, I was sad. I didn't want to leave my house or our ward or our neighborhood. I loved our cul de sac and our great stream, the basketball court, etc. etc.
Little did I know what the Lord had in store for us. Our little pipestem is the best! Right now there are 13 kids under the age of 11. Six boys and seven girls and we have a blast! Two families are really close with us. We hang out with them the most, due to personality and ages of children.
We have been outside playing the beautiful sunshine and weather for several days. My children feel at home at their house and their kids feel at home at our house.
Tonight, we had an impromptu dinner. The kids were playing and jumping on the trampoline and shooting hoops and riding big wheels and sliding down the slide and just having a great time. So, I brought a wet rag out and washed faces and hands and we sat down and pigged out!
It's such a blessing to have great friends like these! The other day, my neighbor, had to pick up her son at preschool and her daughter said, "I not go with you! I stay and play with Miss Jenna!" To which her mom asked, "Did Miss Jenna invite you?" And she replied, "Oh, yes!"
Of course, Savannah, goes and sits on Miss L's lap and hangs out and sometimes even refuses to some to me!
And potty training has gone so much smoother since everyone can use our bathroom. For some reason, our bathroom is the favorite. That's ok, since the Smith's garage is the favorite hang out place. Then the swingset and sand box is the new favorite with the warm weather!

The older kids tonight were playing jungle on the trampoline. They were crawling around and growling and "eating" their prey. Savannah got on the trampoline (yeah, climbed in all by herself!) and started crawling around growling like the baby tiger. It was hysterical!
The kids are already talking about flashlight tag. It's their favorite summer game. It's truly amazing how much the Lord has blessed us with neighbors who would do anything for us, because we would do anything for them!
I know these pictures aren't the best, but I wanted to get something to remember!
So, here's to many more impromptu dinners and memories on the pipestem!

3 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

Now THAT is awesome. I hope we find a neighborhood like that some day...:)

Lucky.

Chuckleheads said...

These are the memories your kids will take with them forever. Glad the neighbors know you and love you anyway. ha ha ha.

Laura Smith said...

How I wish that I could be your neighbor! Now that is MY dream!!!