Sunday, June 27, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!

I was being lazy yesterday morning....I figured it was my birthday, so I was just enjoying the peaceful moment. Soon, I hear "sneaking" - yeah, the "sneaking" of children. It's similar to a thunderous herd of buffalo. There were the "sshhhhhh's" and the "ouch!" and the tripping on something. I started to smile. Suddenly, children jumped up from behind the bed, the closet and from the foot of the bed and sang, "Happy Birthday to you!" It was the best way to start my birthday! I'm glad I was lazy for those few extra minutes and got to experience that awesome moment!
Since we are in summer, by 7:30am, it is HOT and humid! So, for my birthday, they decided to wash the car....fine by me! I'd want to cool down also!

When I see pictures of my childhood, I always remember our car, how our house looked, the flowers, etc. This will be one of those pictures to my children someday!
For being my birthday, it was a busy day! We had to attend a wedding of a friend of Jason's family. After the wedding, I got a crazy phone call from all my aunts. It was a fabulous rendition of "Happy Birthday!" They are having a sisters retreat this weekend and having a great time. It was fun to hear their voices! I love my aunts!
We went to Grandma and Grandpa Day's house for dinner and had a little party.
After that, we went up to Fort Meyer in Arlington and attended a concert of the United States Army Strings and their alumni. It was amazing! Jason's dad served in the Army Strings for thirty years. He retired in 2002. The first half of the concert was the current members.
The Army Strings job is to entertain the President of the United States and special guests and dignitaries. They play for the State dinners and other special functions.
Here are Grandma and Grandpa Day just before the concert.....
Xander and Catherine.....
Aunt Alicia and Garrett....
Daddy and Eleanor....
Savannah......

The second half of the concert included the alumni. There was one gentleman there that was with the original band, which was started in the 1950's!
Grandpa getting ready to play....
One of the most amazing and beautiful things the Army Strings does, is stroll. As dinner is being served and eaten, the musicians stroll around the room playing songs. They played for us last night and strolled. I loved it! They played "Moon River" which is one of my favorite songs.
They also played Michael Jackson songs and the "Orange Blossom Special" too.
The members of the Strings were in uniform. The alumni wore their street clothes.
It was a fabulous concert and they all got together for a picture afterwards! It was the first alumni concert they had ever done and it was fabulous!
Pictures afterwards with Grandpa.....
Somehow Grandpa disapeared, but we were all ready and together, so we took the picture!
We walked out of the concert hall to a beautiful full moon! And even though we got home REALLY late, it was worth it! I had a great birthday and enjoyed it! Happy Birthday to me!!!!

2 comments:

Chuckleheads said...

Happy birthay sissy! It sounds like a wonderful busy day...just like the Jenna I know and love! I hear you are only 29...that makes me 24...works for me! :)

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday!!
Wow- does your dh ever look like his dad.
Hope your birthday wishes come true.