Friday, July 16, 2010

The Kindness Journal

When I was getting ready for bed tonight, this is what I found.....
It's a kindness journal I started a couple of weeks ago in a family home evening lesson. Xander was given the journal first. He was to choose someone in the family and write something nice to them and put it on their bed.
Eleanor chose me and this is what I got.....
It made me cry. I will treasure that picture forever and ever. Jason got it the other day and this is what Garrett wrote to him....
Jason just stood there and cried. It has been so fun to see what the kids write and draw. It has been good to express love in another way to each other. And this is something I can keep forever!
So, I wrote to Xander tonight.
I told him that sometimes words cannot describe how much I love him and how proud I am that he is becoming a fine young man.
Yes, I cried the whole time I was writing the entry!
But, that's ok.
I want him to know those things.
I can't wait until he comes home and finds it on his bed!

No comments: