Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sometimes you get what you pay for!

So, I was so excited to find this cute, black skirt at the thrift store the other day. $1.91! I loved it and it was nice and roomy around the waist, which is what I need right now. So, I wear it to church today. I am walking up the sidewalk talking to Brother Gibb and my skirt starts to fall. Not just slide down, but fall off! I grabbed the waist and yanked it up! I don't think he really caught on to what was happening.
So, I wore the skirt tucked up under my armpits the rest of church! Doing singing time was a little tricky. Luckily, the skirt was longer to begin with. I came home, took it off and put it in the donation bag. Oh, well! Sometimes you just get what you pay for, eh?


I would be really mad, except that same trip, I found six Nordstrom ties for Jason, a jewelry box for Eleanor, a Nordtrom shirt for me and some luggage for about $30.00. So, the less than $2.00 skirt was not a total loss!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That's hilarious! Glad you could make it through singing time ok.