Saturday, December 4, 2010

Our Thankful Tree

This year we made a Thankful Tree. I cut out leaves and pumpkins and we wrote what we are thankful for and put it on the tree. It was fun, because we had some unexpected contributors! There was a pouch on the poster, so anyone, at anytime, could write what they were thankful for.
I loved reading the different things people wrote.....

As each day passed, it filled up more and more....
Even Savannah wrote her own version of what she is thankful for...
Align Center
This one from Xander made me cry! I am so grateful he feels strongly about his priesthood responsibility.
The other day, Savannah was playing, and I looked at her and took a mental picture in my mind. It was one of those moments where I never wanted to forget her. I wanted to always remember the clothes she was wearing, the smile, the way she said certain words.
As I took down the thankful tree and put up the advent calendar, I started thinking about all the things I am truly thankful for.
This year my health has been a huge blessing. I have felt so much better than years passed. The hives and headaches and joint pain has been at a minimum, compared to years passed.
I have an amazing family. I love each of my siblings so much and my parents are the reason I am who I am today.
I have a husband who makes my life complete. He is a good man, a wonderful father and the perfect husband for me.
My children are such a blessing in my life. The day I took my mental picture of Savannah, I took mental pictures of all my children. I want to remember them small and getting bigger and growing up.
So, I thought I'd share some of my random memories and mental pictures and what I am grateful for.
Here are some of the mental pictures I love the most.....
I only have six more years until this little boy graduates from high school, goes on a mission and goes out into the world to seek his fortune. I can't believe how much I love him now. I thought I loved him when he was born. I couldn't believe how much I loved him when he started kindergarten. And now, as a young man, I love him even more!
I am grateful for goofy moments in photo shoots!
For little boys who grow into young men....
And little girls with crooked smiles!
I am grateful for sisters. The ones I have, the ones I have inherited, the ones I have adopted and these two little girls that are sisters.

I am grateful for my boys....they will always be my little boys, even when they tower over me! I am grateful they have promised me that they will always sit in my lap!
I am grateful I got one last bathtub picture....
I love this little girl with all my heart! She keeps me on my toes and reminds me how precious life really is!
And this boy...he makes my day with every hug and kiss I get from him!
I am grateful for moments where reading stories on the lawn is the only thing that matters!
I already mentioned this guy. He rocks my world!
How can you ever forget memories like this?!?!
I am grateful for little girls who love to dress up and wear flowers and bows...
I am grateful for boys who are willing to sit in the cold ocean water for a picture!
I am grateful for the moment I met each of my children...nothing else compares....

I am grateful for all my Hilton Head memories. I miss that place!
I am grateful for first day of school shots and sleepy little girls in cute pink pj's!

For little boys learning how to wink.....
And little girls who love to play music!
For Thanksgiving turkeys made out of candy.....


And time spent wrestling with dad......

For pictures where they are all looking forward, even if one of them is bawling.....
And little girls who think they are divas!
For family vacations where some of the best memories are made....

For newborn baby yawns.....

And the beach.....I am always thankful for the beach!
For summer days and winter days....
And little boys almost ready to lose a tooth....

For pinewood derby cars.....
And creative Halloween costumes....


For snowballs and cold noses and going inside for some hot chocolate....
And especially baby cheeks and soft pink hats....
For rock star hair and magic wands......
Yes, I can honestly say I have been very grateful this Thanksgiving. I sometimes struggle with making it all work and being a good mom and what to make for dinner, but these memories are the things that matter most. And I want to keep making these good memories. So when
my time on earth is done, I have a lot to bring with me!

4 comments:

Chuckleheads said...

Beautiful post sissy. *sniff sniff*

Andrea said...

I love to see how things have worked out for you. You have an adorable family and you deserve all the best. What a great reminder to be thankful for the things that really matter.
And I love your piano by the way and am a teeny bit jealous of it :)

Cothran Family said...

I second the beautiful post sissy. *sniff sniff sniff sniff* Just perfect and helps me realize all of my blessings

Unknown said...

Beautiful and touching, Jenna. It may not be the best idea to read things like this when I'm with child...but I can't resist. Thank you for sharing your blessings to remind us all of ours :)