Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Marriott Ranch

For the last eight years I have gone to the Marriott Ranch to draw caricatures for the guests that attend the Western Picnic. It is a fun tradition and I have done US senators and their wives, ambassadors from all over the world and children of dignitaries. I love it.
I always bring the children with me to spend the day doing the activities.
This year I had one of Xander's friends come and help out with the babysitting of the girls.
There is a full day of activities and then a big lunch in the tent with the BYU dancers putting on a western dancing show and also the Lamanite Generation does some really cool dances.
Here is Eleanor with her cute, sassy wink!
When did this boy grow up?


Garrett is two days post puncture the lip accident on his scooter. You can see the wound on his mouth. And then there is this little darlin' Savannah. She is also growing up too fast.
Always working the camera!
At the end, we went over to get our pictures taken with the "real" cowboys. They really are! The one plays the ukelele and he started playing songs my dad would always play. It made me miss my dad. We stood around for over a half an hour and sang songs. He was amazed I knew them. All credit went to my parents!
The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That sounds like such a great time!!