Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Savannah Marie

This little one is growing up so fast. I am amazed everyday at what she says and what she does. She is my stubborn one, without the drama. It's just pure stubborn....not budging no matter what you do. She is also my little singer. She sings all day long. Songs she hears in preschool, songs she hears in primary, songs she makes up. I love to listen to her sing her little songs to her baby dolls and animals.
She is also my little dreamer. Her imagination is amazing. Yesterday I came into the room and she was talking out the window, carrying on a full conversation. After a few minutes she realized I was there and I asked her who she was talking to. " I'm talking to Pooh Bear, mommy," she replied. "We are planning a picnic in the Hundred Acre Woods."
Love that little girl.
Her eyes remind me of my sister, Becca. Those big chocolate eyes. People comment on how beautiful her eyes are all the time.
Yellow is her favorite color. It fits her personality. She almost always wears something yellow or has a yellow bow. Sometimes that is hard, since we have A LOT of pink in the house from her older sister, but she still manages to figure some kind of yellow to wear!
She is our little clown, making funny faces and laughing hysterically at her own jokes and making other laugh.
And she is just getting interested in art. It took her awhile. But now that she has decided she likes it, she is going full force. She loves color, lots of it. She uses a lot of yellow. Her drawings are happy and she sings while she colors. Now even the walls have been christened with her flair....grrrrr. But walls scrub down and someday I will miss those little drawings on the walls.
But I love it. I love that she is her own child. She marches to her own drum and she does it well. And even though she is growing up so fast, I am cherishing every minute of her when she comes in and snuggles in bed with me and snuggles on the couch with me to read stories, when she tells me that she is still "so little" and it is too hard to pick up her toys, the way she insists on holding my hand and her sweet little kisses and hugs every night before bedtime.
I love you, Savannah Marie!!!

No comments: