Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Losing a tooth

Eleanor has lost almost all her teeth. She has been losing about one every other week for the last few months! She has had a hard time eating apples and other crunchy veggies!
This tooth, for whatever reason was HANGING by it's last little root and she would not let me touch it. So, one afternoon while I was gone, Grandpa Johnnie tied a string around the tooth. They were going to tie it to a doorknob and slam the door. (all pictures taken, by the way, are taken by Grandpa Johnnie!)
As she was walking by her dad, he grabbed the string. I'm not sure if he knew "The Plan" for the tooth, but the tooth popped out as he grabbed the string, making it impossible to tie it to the doorknob and be slammed. Ironically enough, she kept walking and didn't even know until she tasted the blood. (I'm thinking I am glad I was not there for that part)
Anyway, Grandpa Johnnie took a picture of the tooth for posterity.......
And here she is, all smiles, though almost toothless at this point!
The note to the tooth fairy reads: Dear Tooth Fairy, I lost my tooth today!!!! My dad to it out. It hurt very very much. Love, Eleanor
Of course, just in case the tooth fairy cannot find the tooth, there is a BIG YELLOW SIGN letter her know where it is! I love that she drew the tooth fairy also. She is really good a drawing and draws pictures all the time for me. I also love that there are two "very's " in the note. I love this little girl! She really adds to my life!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Such a cute note. I can't stand to pull teeth out or see them hanging out. My poor 6 year old hasn't lost one tooth yet. I think they'll all come out at once.