Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A claim to fame for Xander....

Xander got in the car yesterday and said, "Guess what mom!?!? I got bit by a snake at school today!"
And being the coolest mom in the universe that I am, paused for a long minute since he was breathing fine and didn't show any trauma or ill side effects and then said, "AWESOME! No one else in school can say that, can they?"

He has a snake in his classroom and his friend, Angela, dropped the food in the cage and asked Xander to pick it up and finish feeding the snake. He said he felt it lick him and then went and sat at his desk. He told the teacher he felt the snake lick his finger and showed it to her, only to find blood on his finger. They rushed him upstairs to the science teacher who told them to go to the nurse who then put something on it and wrapped it in a bandage.
I guess all the kids were in the hall "freaking out" when he went upstairs to the science teachers room. All the fifth grade knew in .0005 seconds. It was exhilarating, I'm sure to have everyone wanting to know what happened and did it hurt. He, of course, is fine. I just hope the snake is ok!

4 comments:

Cothran Family said...

Tell Xander that that sounds AWESOME!!! My kinda day at school. Now you just need a shark bite story to go along with it. Jenna- LOVE the new header pic...CLASSIC:)

The Hansen Family said...

Now that's COOL!

The Hansen Family said...

P.S. Thanks for putting ME on your blog list...I see how it is! :P

Chuckleheads said...

Thats the kind of story that you tell when you have kids and it just keeps getting better over the years. Plus - tell Xander next time I see him I'll be sharing my "hunting rattlesnakes with Mr. Wood" story. :)