Sunday, February 7, 2010

Church was cancelled for today, school is cancelled for tomorrow and the weatherman is telling us to expect 4-10 more inches of snow starting Tuesday late afternoon (where are we going to put it?!?). Jason spent 6 hours shoveling snow from the driveway, cars, sidewalk, road and trampoline. Then we had an impromptu neighborhood get-together for the Superbowl. It was fun and reminded me how blessed we are to have good neighbors.
I am blessed to have a wonderful husband and a warm home. We had church today at our house, complete with a special musical number (some violinist who is actually pretty good! :))
The children all gave talks and did a fabulous job. We took the sacrament and it made today seem just like it should. We are truly a blessed family. We have a beautiful home, a dad who is wonderful and caring and loving. We have plenty of food and are prepared for an emergency. We have great kids who always rise to the occasion and make me so proud.
So, I am enjoying the snow. I am enjoying the time with my family. As my husband said with tears in his eyes today, "Everything happens for a reason. I don't know the reason this time for all this snow, but I am loving every minute I am able to spend with you this winter."
I L.O.V.E. that man!

4 comments:

Chuckleheads said...

Great snow pictures and it would seem that our family is definitely making the best of it. Love it!

The Hansen Family said...

Lucky. I love snow - I wish we were snowed in! What great memories you are making during this storm!:)

Jenn said...

I've been wondering about you guys in the storm. Sounds downright cozy--inside. P.S. I love your clever "love and laundry" quip in your About Me section.

Cothran Family said...

So sweet. good memories. Now show us some DEEP snow picts after the storm today :) Enjoy your family for now.