Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our Family Christmas Service Project 2010

I don't know why I didn't take more pictures of our service project this year. Maybe because it was a little hectic around Christmas time. But, it was successful. We donated a huge plastic bin full of food and toys and our family made the heart pillows. Jason's students brought the food and the toys and put a handprint on the wall for every donation. The winner got a $25.00 gift certificate to Chipotle.The heart pillows are used for children who are removed from their parents for various reasons. Inside the little pocket, they place a toy or book for the child. The kids had a great time making them and I hope, in some way, I am teaching them good things.
We took everything over the first part of January. We got a really nice thank you note from the Assistance League thanking us for being so generous. Warm fuzzies!

2 comments:

Cothran Family said...

Your family looks FABULOUS and sooo grown up! I haven't read for awhile so it was fun to catch up on your fam. I love the girl's post. Those are two cute divas. Halle is going to love playing with them. The service project idea is amazing. I love your good ideas and generosity. The hair cutting ceremony... wow! I had no idea that was a custom!

Chuckleheads said...

I love the service project idea, Jenna. You need to write me a good story for my father's right's blog...

PS...LOVE the new family photo on the blog. Love your family!