Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Four Page Diet

So, my health has been giving me some troubles lately. I can't seem to shake some issues and I am feeling the effects of this and the stress we have been under the last several months.
I am not a fan of traditional medicine, as it usually involves a prescription with a list of side effects thirty miles long. So, I have opted for holistic or homeopathic routes.
It saved my life four years ago, so I know it works.
Now, before you think I am chanting and doing funky voodoo stuff, I will say that I do believe in doctors. One saved my life twelve and a half years ago when Xander was born. I just struggle with so much medication being prescribed. And I also am a firm believer in the awesome power of our bodies. We are amazing machines and as long as we are taking care of them, then they will work.
So, anyway, back to the subject....
I was miserable. I was in pain and I was not feeling well. I did a detox yesterday and was told I would be feeling "off" afterwards. I sure did! Really yucky and tired and just blah! But a good nights sleep made me feel so much better and some of my symptoms have diminished today.
I was also given the suggestion to follow what they call "the four page diet." So, I go to get the copy of the diet at the front desk and there are only three pages......yep! I am in trouble all ready! The magic answer must be on the missing page!
Anyway, it is a diet for those sensitive to yeast and molds and those suffering from some of the things I am suffering from right now.
It's a no carbohydrate diet with little or no fruit. Basically just protein and veggies.
I started last night. Today I made it through. One day down.
One thing I realized. I eat a lot of carbohydrates and a lot of fruit! The carbs weren't as bad as the fruit. I keep telling myself it is a mindset. It is a lifestyle change. It will make you feel better. It will be worth it.
Then I made the mistake of checking one of my favorite blogs and she had a recipe for chocolate chip cookies with an oreo stuffed inside....with pictures.....aaarrrgh!
Anyway, next step is walking again. It's been a long, cold winter and I need to get moving. No more excuses!
So, I will let you know how the "four page diet" works out.....and if you ask, I might even send you the recipe for the stuffed oreo cookies so you can try them and let me know how they taste!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow- good luck with the four page diet. I too need to start exercising every day. So hard to make the time, but I have to! Thanks for your inspiration.
Hope you feel better soon.